THE GAP PHYSIOTHERAPY CENTRE PROVIDES HANDS ON TREATMENT FOR:
- SPORTS INJURIES
- MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURIES (MUSCLE & JOINT PAIN)
- BACK PAIN
- NECK PAIN/HEADACHES
- ORTHOPAEDIC/SPORTS REHABILITATION
- WORK INJURIES/WORKERS COMPENSATION
- MOTOR VEHICLE INJURIES
- VETERANS AFFARIS
- CHRONIC PAIN
- VESTIBULAR CONDITIONS
Physiotherapists are trained to diagnose and treat problems of joints, muscles and the nervous system. This includes (but is not limited to) the conditions listed above. A physio will use observation of posture and movement, as well as specific assessment techniques to differentiate causes of pain or abnormal movement. Treatment is aimed at decreasing pain, improving function and movement along with preventing recurrence of injury. Each patient is treated in one of our private cubicles.
Hands on physiotherapy treatments may involve one or a combination of the following:
- Soft tissue mobilisation and massage
- Mobilisation of joints
- Stretching techniques
- Use of Electrophysical agents to manage pain and promote healing, such as Heat/Cold, TENS and Ultrasound
Where specific strengthening or tailored rehabilitation programs are required, we have a selection of equipment at the practice. This includes a range of elastic resistance bands, foam rollers and exercise aids, as well as a selection of gym equipment including an Olympic barbell and weightlifting setup, dumbbells to 30kg and a cable resistance machine. A range of braces, orthosis and exercise equipment is available for purchase at the practice, and specific equipment can be ordered quickly from our supplies based on your needs.
Exercise based physiotherapy may involve one or a combination of the following:
- Modification of daily activities, work or training techniques.
- Identification and correction of poor postures
- Strengthenign exercises for addressing muscular weakness
- Targetted strengthening and muscular control exercises
- Stretching exercises and techniques for releasing muscular tension
- Correction of sporting or exercise techniqus
- Strategies for maintaining fitness while injury heals
A Mind Ray real time ultrasound unit is also available at the practice. This can be used to visualise the pelvic floor, spinal and abdominal muscles - useful for the treatment of lower back pain, core strengthening and antenatal/post natal physio.